Friday, September 24, 2010

Paper Cutz Challenge


The Paper Cutz challenge was use image of a critter. So naturally i reached for create a critter. My friends husbands birthday is in a couple days and i wanted to make a card for him. He is currently deployed to Afghanistan but is home for his 2 weeks of R&R(rest and recovery) His nickname is Hawk so I wanted to use a image of a bird but without making it look girly. So here it is;
I used the threading water punch at the bottom and layered two pieces of paper together. All the background paper came from the k and company ocean side mat stack. The black ribbon is from walmart. I also stamped happy birthday inside of the card along with my birthday greetings. I think he will appreciate the card. Thanks for stopping by :)

6 comments:

  1. Cute card and I am sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet card! I love that bird! Thanks for playing at Paper Cutz this week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I know that soldier is really going to appreciate this card. My son is a Marine and loves getting mail. I just mailed a card off to him to congratulate him and my daughter-in-law on the news of their first baby on the way. Thanks so much for joining us at PCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love this card! Thanks for stopping by my blog just now and leaving a nice comment. Good luck in the giveaway and we'll see you around tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog during "The Little Hop of Horrors" Halloween Blog Hop. Very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete